Our network team is working on a system to allow temporary AD user accounts that will be allowed to obtain access to network services. (They are doing this by allowing access to a group called CO_Wireless_LOC_Event_Users).
The process is as follows:
- Colleagues submits a ticket to our Help Desk with event name and start/conclusion date.
- The Help Desk login to Adaxes, click on "Create LOC Guest Wifi"
- Adaxes prompts Help Desk for:
a. Colleague name/email (So it knows who to send the username and password to)
b. Event name (Username of AD account, avoid spaces)
c. Event expiration date (When the AD account will be deleted/disabled)
- Adaxes creates the user account in a OU called "LOCGuestWifi" and makes that user a member of the "CO_Wireless_LOC_Event_Users" AD group which wll also have an expiration date for the account and and a randomly generated password.
- Adaxes then sends the colleague the username/password and event details in an email.
- Because the AD User account has an expiration date, it will automatically disable at conclusion of event.