Within Property Patterns, I need a way to fill in 'User Logon Name' with the contents of the mail field only up until the @ sign. The requirement is due to the need to create Shared Mailboxes in Adaxes, and we only want the technicians to fill in a Display Name and an email address

Example:

Tech clicks on web interface button to create a new shared mailbox, they only see Display Name and Email as the two fields. Lets say they enter the following:

Display Name: Accounts Receivable Mailbox
Email: accountsreceivable@company.com

I would like to, via a Property Pattern, have it populate the User Logon Name field with 'accountsreceivable'.

How can I do this?

by (480 points)

1 Answer

by (460 points)
Best answer
0 votes

In a powershell command you can use split to break a text.

Example;
$Email = 'accountsreceivable@company.com'
$Email.split('@')[0] returns accountsreceivable

by (480 points)
0

works great, thank you! I was hoping to do this without having to do a 'before creation' powershell script, but this ended up working just fine. Much appreciated!

Related questions

Hello, We are running Adaxes 3.18.25007.0 with a managed domain example.local that has two domain controllers, DCnode1 and DCnode2. The domain was registered by ... get automatic failover? Thank you in advance for your help. Best regards, Leonardo Bressan

asked 1 day ago by lbressan (160 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I need to know how to Create a new Custom Attribute which I wants save some informations of Users

asked Jun 12, 2023 by kanishka.silva (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Our cyber security team has asked us to start researching a way to turn off NTLM communication. We noticed that adaxes is using NTLM. Is there a way to force kerberos authentication only for the service?

asked Feb 7, 2022 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

They can navigate to both the user or the group within the ADAXES web interface without issue. They can then either Add to Group or Add Member but the resulting ... something to the web interface which prevents changing the lookup domain. Any ideas? Thanks!

asked Apr 9, 2020 by VTPatsFan (610 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I know Adaxes has a module in it that uses e-mail verification in the password self-service policies. Can the verification system be used for anything other than an AD password ... to have a custom task run, but only after e-mail or text verification? Thanks!

asked Jul 27, 2015 by rlemaster (20 points)
0 votes
0 answers